Georgia COVID Coronavirus data April 21, 2021
Here’s the latest COVID-19 case, death and hospitalization data from the state.
ATLANTA — We’re breaking down the trends and relaying information from across the state of Georgia as it comes in, bringing perspective to the data and context to the trends.
State and federal officials with the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are continually monitoring the spread of the virus. They are also working hand-in-hand with the World Health Organization to track the spread around the world and to stop it.
- As of 3 p.m., there have been 17,272 deaths in Georgia, an increase of 22 since the previous day. Over the last 14 days (4/8- 4/21), the average daily increase in newly reported deaths was 31.79 deaths each day. Over the previous 14-day period (3/24-4/7), the average daily increase in newly reported deaths was 40.71.
- There have been 871,460 cases confirmed in Georgia, an increase of 943 since the previous day. Over the last 14 days, the average daily increase in newly confirmed cases was 942.29 new cases a day. Over the previous 14-day period, the average daily increase in newly confirmed cases was 899.
- There have been 60,788 total patients hospitalized in Georgia during the pandemic, an increase of 136 since the previous day according to the Department of Public Health’s cumulative total. Over the last 14 days, the average daily increase in new patients was 102.29 new patients a day. Over the previous 14-day period, the average daily increase in new patients was 83.79.
- The Georgia Emergency Management Agency began reporting current statewide hospitalizations on May 1. That day they reported 1,500 current hospitalizations. The agency discontinued its daily report on Sept. 5 pointing instead to the newly created Georgia COVID-19 Data Hub.
- According to Georgia’s new database, as of April 21, there were 1,249 current hospitalizations – an increase of 28 hospitalizations from the previous day.
Chattahoochee 3214 13
Effingham 3752 64
Gwinnett 85471 1050
Schley 209 5 Screven 809 21
Whitfield 14775 226