Third Ebola case confirmed in northwest Congo: WHO


Health authorities have confirmed a third Ebola case in the city of Mbandaka in northwest Democratic Republic of Congo, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday.

For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

The 48-year-old man is a high-risk contact of the first patient, who died on April 21, said the WHO on Twitter.

The current outbreak is Congo’s 14th in the history of the hemorrhagic fever.

Health workers started Ebola vaccinations last week in Mbandaka, the capital of Congo’s Equateur province.

Responders have identified 444 contacts of the confirmed cases and are monitoring their health, the WHO said.

Read more:

One child dies in mysterious liver disease outbreak affecting kids in Europe, US: WHO

New Ebola case confirmed in northwestern Congo, lab report says

Over 5,000 new RNA virus species discovered in the world’s oceans



Source link

Ozinize
Logo
Shopping cart