BEAUMONT, Texas — The Beaumont health department is now offering a third COVID-19 vaccine shot to those who have a compromised immune system.
The health department will offer the third shots on August 24, 26 and 31 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. to those with a “severely weakened immune system” who have already received their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine according to a news release from the Beaumont Public Health Department.
The CDC is recommending that those with a compromised immune system get a third shot 28 days after their second dose the release said.
Here’s the CDC qualifications for third-shot eligibility…
Call the Beaumont health department at (409) 654-3647 for an appointment.
More dates for third shots will be announced as additional vaccine doses become available the release said.
This is a developing story. We will update with more if and when we receive more confirmed information.
From a Beaumont Public Health Department news release…
The Beaumont Public Health Department will be administering the 3rd dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for people with a moderately to severely weakened immune system, who have already received two (2) doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine, on August 24, 26, and 31 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. You will need to bring your COVID-19 vaccination record to receive a 3rd dose.
It is recommended by the CDC that you get a 3rd dose at least twenty-eight (28) days after your 2nd dose of vaccine.
Currently, eligibility for the 3rd dose is based on the criteria below outline by CDC:
• Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood;
• Receive an organ transplant and taking medicine to suppress the immune system;
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last two (2) years or taking medicine to suppress the immune system;
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott Aldrich syndrome);
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection;
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that suppress the immune response.
Please consult your primary care physician to see if you are a candidate for a 3rd dose. Additional dates will be announced when additional vaccine becomes available. Call 409-654-3647 for appointment.