The World Health Organisation Estimates Manufacturing Should be Increased by 40% to Meet Demand
Dublin, Sept. 23, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Disposable Gloves and Materials: Global Markets” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The COVID-19 pandemic spreading across countries and regions has caused a huge impact on people’s lives. Starting as a health crisis, it also poses serious threats to the global economy. The outbreak of COVID-19 has led to a surge in demand for disposable gloves worldwide. The pandemic has spurred a rush for protective equipment including gloves, with stores running out of them. With the increased infrequent visits to hospitals and other medical organizations, the healthcare sector is witnessing higher usage of disposable gloves than ever in the past. The coronavirus has slowly spread from China to worldwide, with the U.S. and Europe being the hotspots.
There was a shortage in supply, as the demand surpassed the production for disposable gloves and hospitals were running out of gloves. As the pandemic began, many consumers panic ordered, leading to the deficit. Frontline doctors and nurses had to face shortages to an extent that they had to re-use disposable gloves, risking the lives of patients and themselves.
Surging demand, partially joined with panic buying, hoarding, and misuse of gloves amid the COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted global supplies. The rise in gloves demand has depleted stockpiles, triggered significant price increases, and led to production backlogs of many months in fulfilling orders.
WHO (The World Health Organization) shipped millions of examination gloves to various countries. However, supplies are depleting rapidly owing to increasing COVID-19 cases. To meet rising global demand, the WHO estimates that the industry must increase manufacturing by 40% and urges governments to act quickly to boost supply. WHO suggests that governments should develop incentives for the industry to ramp up production of gloves.
Malaysia, which is the world’s largest glove manufacturer, reported a surge in orders from all over the world, especially from the U.S. and Europe. Many disposable manufacturers increased their production capacity, and few are in the process of expansions to cater to the increasing demand. From February 2020 to June 2020, manufacturers worked at full capacity but still were not able to meet the need.
Disposable gloves are used in varied applications, including medical, cleanrooms, food and beverage, and industrial and chemical. A cleanroom includes manufacturing of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, integrated circuits, CRT, LCD, OLED, and micro-LED displays, among others. In these environments, extremely low levels of particulates must be maintained.
This Report Includes:
- 163 tables
- An overview of the global market for disposable gloves and its material
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projection of CAGR through 2025
- Description of the manufacturing process and testing of disposable gloves and quantification of disposable glove market by type, application, and form
- Evaluation of current market trends, market size, market forecast, and regulatory scenarios
- Discussion of COVID-19 impact on disposable gloves and its material market
- Coverage of ecological and health aspects of disposable gloves
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry, and their strategic profiling, competitive landscape
- Company profiles of key industry players, including Ansell Healthcare Products LLC, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Careplus Group, Kossan Rubber, Riverstone, Sri Trang Gloves, and Top Glove Corp.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Intended Audience
- Geographic Breakdown
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Origin of Disposable Gloves
- Specification of Disposable Gloves
- Shape and Size
- Manufacturing Process of Disposable Gloves
- Latex Glove Manufacturing Process
- Nitrile and Vinyl Glove Manufacturing Process
- Testing of Disposable Gloves
Chapter 4 Market Trends
- Impact of Pandemics on Disposable Gloves
- Drivers and Inhibitors of Demand for Disposable Gloves
- Consumption Pattern of Disposable Gloves
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Type
- Properties of Materials Used in Glove Manufacturing
- Latex Disposable Gloves
- Nitrile Disposable Gloves
- Vinyl Disposable Gloves
- Neoprene Disposable Gloves
- Other Disposable Gloves
- Comparison of Different Characteristics of Disposable Gloves
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Application
- Industrial and Chemical
- Food and Beverages
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Form
- Powdered Disposable Gloves
- Powder-Free Disposable Gloves
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Region
- Global Market for Disposable Gloves
- North America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Latin America
Chapter 9 Market for Glove Material
- Latex or Natural Rubber
- Nitrile Butadiene Rubber
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Chapter 10 Glove Producing Countries
- Top Glove Producing Countries
Chapter 11 Competitive Landscape
- Market Share
- Capacity Expansions
Chapter 12 Company Profiles
- Ansell Healthcare Products Llc
- B. Braun Melsungen Ag
- Bluesail Medical
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Careplus Group Berhad
- Comfort Rubber Gloves Industries Sdn Bhd.
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
- Intco Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd
- Riverstone Resources Sdn. Bhd
- Rubberex (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Supermax Corp. Berhad
- Semprit Ag Holding
- SRI Trang Gloves
- Synthomer Plc
- Top Glove Corp. BHD
Chapter 13 Appendix: Acronyms
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1dkhdc
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900