Coronavirus LIVE News: Worldwide coronavirus cases cross 27.42 million, death toll at 892,454
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Sarita recovers from COVID-19 but in isolation away from home for son’s sake
Former world champion boxer L Sarita Devi has recovered from COVID-19 but has quarantined herself away from her home in Imphal for at least the next 10 days to ensure that her young son’s “well being is not compromised.
Three more COVID-19 deaths in Himachal Pradesh; tally crosses 7,700-mark
348 more policemen test COVID-19 positive in Maharashtra
Hong Kong to further ease virus measures
- Hong Kong is further relaxing social distancing measures, as the territory’s number of new coronavirus cases dwindles.
- Hong Kong reported another six cases of the virus on Tuesday.
- From Friday, the limit on public gatherings will be relaxed to four people, up from two people.
- Most indoor and outdoor sports facilities, as well as museums will be allowed to re-open.
- The city has seen its coronavirus cases dwindle after a surge in locally-transmitted infections in July.
- Hong Kong has reported a total of 4,896 infections since the pandemic began, with 99 deaths.
KareXpert launches ‘Digital Healthcare Platform for Hospitals’
- KareXpert, a Jio Platform funded venture, has built an AI-led, Cloud-based Digital Healthcare Platform for Hospitals.
- This platform brings all the healthcare modules together as a pre-integrated stack at fraction of the cost.
- This includes Advanced HIMS, EMR/EHR, LIMS, RIS/PACS, Pharmacy, Telemedicine, Medical IoT, Advanced BI, Connected Ambulance, and many more.
Singapore: 13,000 foreign workers barred from resuming work for missing COVID-19 testing deadline
Egypt tries plasma treatment to fight pandemic
Himachal Pradesh Covid update
Himachal Pradesh reports 28 new #COVID19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of positive c… https://t.co/ppdHOtYCWd
— ANI (@ANI) 1599550944000
China celebrates virus success as Europe suffers
- China’s leaders held a triumphant ceremony to celebrate beating the coronavirus on Tuesday, as billions of people around the world still suffer the fallout from the pandemic and the global death toll nears 900,000.
- The upbeat mood in Beijing comes as concerns grow about a resurgence of Covid-19 across Europe, with France tightening restrictions, cases in Britain spiking and schools resuming around the region in recent days.
Celebrations of Dasara festival will be held on a smaller scale, in the wake of Covid-19. A grant of Rs 10 crore will be released for the celebrations.
– Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa
New Covid-19 vaccine from Oxford begins early-stage human trials
Cumulative tests surpassed 5 crores
India has scaled another peak – the cumulative tests have surpassed 5 crores today. Tests Per Million on a continuo… https://t.co/img0JtLOM7
— ANI (@ANI) 1599549484000
Indonesia reports 3,046 new coronavirus cases, 100 deaths
Mysuru Dasara festival
Celebrations of Dasara festival will be held on a smaller scale, in the wake of #COVID19, instead of the traditiona… https://t.co/e6hjbIxoi2
— ANI (@ANI) 1599549931000
Pakistan reported 330 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, taking the total number of COVID-19 infections in the country to 299,233, according to official data.
Premier League confirms three new coronavirus cases
- The Premier League on Monday announced three new coronavirus cases after the latest round of testings.
- The league said it tested 1,605 players and club staff from August 31 to September 6.
- “The Premier League can today confirm that between Monday 31 August and Sunday 6 September, 1,605 players and club staff were tested for COVID-19. Of these, there were three new positive tests,” Premier League said in a statement.
Spybiotech & Serum Institute Of India Announce First Subjects Have Been Dosed In A Phase I/II Trial Of Novel Virus-Like Particle Vaccine Targeting Covid-19
Verona Pharma Initiates Pilot Study With Pmdi Ensifentrine In U.S. Patients Hospitalized With Covid-19
Odisha’s COVID-19 tally climbs to 1,31,382 with 3,490 new cases; 13 more fatalities push death toll to 569: Official
Xi Jinping on Tuesday praised China’s role in battling the coronavirus pandemic and expressed support for the World Health Organisation, in a repudiation of US criticism and a bid to rally domestic support for Communist Party leadership.
A British government minister said on Tuesday that a rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in the country was concerning and he called on people to follow health guidance or risk tougher restrictions in the coming months.
Presence of antibodies may not guarantee protection from COVID-19, say scientists
Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 tally rises to 5,180
- Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 caseload rose to 5,180 as 180 more people including 11 security personnel and four health care workers have tested positive for the virus, a senior Health department official said on Tuesday.
- The Capital complex region reported the highest number of new cases at 42, followed by Anjaw (25), Papumpare (15), 14 each in East Siang and Longding, West Siang (12), 11 each in Lohit and Lower Dibang Valley and Changlang (10), State Surveillance Officer, Dr L Jampa, said.
- Seven cases were also reported from Lower Siang, East Kameng (6), Lower Subansiri (4), three each in West Kameng and Namsai, Tawang (2) and Shi-Yomi (1), the official said.
Uttarakhand: Eight departments including health, agriculture and horticulture at the Uttarakhand Secretariat sealed, after four people including a secretary and a joint secretary tested positive for COVID19.
Telangana Covid update
- Telangana posted 2,392 fresh coronavirus cases and 11 more deaths, taking the tally of infections to1.45 lakh in the state.
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) accounted for the most number of cases with 304, followed by Rangareddy 191, Karimnagar 157 and Medchal Malkajgiri 132 districts, a government bulletin said on Tuesday, providing data as of 8 pm on September 7.
- With 11 fatalities, the toll rose to 906, it said.
- The cumulative recovered cases stood at 1.12 lakh while31,670are under treatment.
Rajasthan’s Covid tally
Rajasthan reports 721 new #COVID19 cases and 7 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of positive cas… https://t.co/EiNj4MSdAi
— ANI (@ANI) 1599541946000
Pune: Notice to agency operating jumbo COVID-19 facility
- The Pune district administration has served notice to an agency operating a newly-created COVID-19 jumbo hospital here for alleged lapses and mismanagement at the facility, an official said.
- Another agency has now been roped in to improve facilities at the hospital, set up in the premises of the College of Engineering here in Maharashtra, Pune divisional commissioner Saurabh Rao said on Monday.
- Last week, a news channel journalist died at jumbo medical facility. His family members alleged that he did not get a cardiac ambulance in time.
- Following his death, there were allegations about mismanagement at the jumbo hospital.
Senior Samajwadi Party leader and Member of Legislative Council SRS Yadav died due to COVID-19 in Lucknow, the party said. The 87-year-old tested positive for COVID-19 on September 1 and breathed his last at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) here on Monday night, SP national spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said.
India on Tuesday reported 1,133 deaths from the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, its highest single-day total.
The national capital has reported 2,077 new COVID-19 cases, taking the COVID-19 count to 1,93,526, said the Delhi Health Department on Monday.
Maharashtra continues to be the worst-affected State which on Monday reported 16,429 new COVID-19 cases. The State’s tally of coronavirus infected cases has reached 9,23,641, according to the State Health Department. The total number of cases in the State includes 6,59,322 recoveries and 27,027 deaths while active cases stood at 2,36,934.
9 more COVID-19 cases in Mizoram
- With nine new COVID-19 cases reported in Mizoram, the total number of coronavirus cases in the State reached 1,123 on Tuesday, according to the State Health Department.
- The State has not reported any death due to the virus, said the Health Department.
- There are 391 active cases while 732 patients have been discharged in the state.
- According to the Ministry of Health, India’s COVID-19 count stands at 42,80,423 including 8,83,697 active cases, 33,23,951 cured/discharged/migrated & 72,775 deaths.
Single-day spike of 75,809 new #COVID19 cases & 1,133 deaths reported in India, in the last 24 hours. The total case tally stands at 42,80,423 including 8,83,697 active cases, 33,23,951 cured/discharged/migrated & 72,775 deaths: Ministry of Health
Australia’s coronavirus hot spot state to deepen contact tracing
- The Australian state at the centre of the country’s second wave coronavirus outbreak is deepening its contact tracing programme to try to maintain a steady decline in daily new cases, amid criticism of its handling of the crisis.
- Victoria state, home to a quarter of Australia’s 25 million population, recorded 55 new COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours to Tuesday morning. That was up from the previous day’s 41 new cases but far below a record daily increase of 725 a month ago.
A private hospital here in Maharashtra has been asked by the district administration to deposit Rs 1.93 lakh into the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for allegedly overcharging COVID-19 patients, officials said.
China’s Xi says China acted openly and transparently on COVID-19
- Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Tuesday China acted in an open and transparent manner on the COVID-19 outbreak and that it had taken concrete efforts that helped save tens of millions of lives around the world during the pandemic.
- Xi, speaking at a ceremony honouring role models during the country’s fight against the disease, said China is the first major economy to return to growth during the pandemic – a fact he said demonstrates the country’s strong abilities and vitality.
Samples tested up to 7th September 2020.
A total of 5,06,50,128 samples tested up to 7th September 2020. Of these, 10,98,621 samples were tested yesterday:… https://t.co/ZjtYQRu5r4
— ANI (@ANI) 1599535782000
Mbappe tests positive for Covid-19, to miss France-Croatia match
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 1,499 to 252,298, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Tuesday. The reported death toll rose by four to 9,329, the tally showed.
Former Temptations singer Bruce Williamson dies from coronavirus
Brazil’s COVID-19 death toll approaches 127,000
Global Covid-19 cases top 27.2mn: Johns Hopkins
- The overall number of global coronavirus cases has topped 27.2 million, while the deaths have increased to over 891,000, according to the Johns Hopkins University.
- As of Tuesday morning, the total number of cases stood at 27,002,224 and the fatalities rose to 882,053, the University’s Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) revealed in its latest update.
- The US accounted for the world’s highest number of cases and deaths at 6,300,431 and 189,206 respectively, according to the CSSE.
- India is currently in the second place in terms of cases at 4,204,613, while the country’s death toll stood at 71,642.
PGI Rohtak to start phase-2 trial of Bharat Biotech’s Covid-19 vaccine
- Post Graduate Institute (PGI) Rohtak will start the phase-2 human clinical trial of Bharat Biotech’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- Speaking to ANI, Dr OP Kalra, vice-chancellor, PGI Rohtak said, “We got permission from Bharat Biotech to start a phase-2 human clinical trial of their vaccine. We’ve 300 volunteers, aged between 12 years and 65- years, out of which screening of 15 has been completed.”
- “We hope to get vaccine dosages by tomorrow morning,” added Kalra.
- Recently, Niti Aayog member Dr Vinod K Paul said that Bharat Biotech’s vaccine candidate based on inactivated virus procured by ICMR and Zydus Cadila’s candidate based on viral DNA are two Indian COVID-19 vaccines in second phase trial.
Second Greece footballer tests positive for Coronavirus
US President Donald Trump has slammed the “rhetoric” against the coronavirus vaccine by Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and running mate Senator Kamala Harris, who he said would “never” be the president.
Mexico records 3,486 new coronavirus cases, 223 more deaths
Egypt’s COVID-19 case count surpasses 100,000
- The number of recorded cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Egypt has topped 100,000, the country’s Health Ministry said in a statement.
- “The total number of coronavirus cases in Egypt is 100,041 people,” ministry spokesman Khaled Mugahed said in a statement obtained by Sputnik.
- Mugahed said that overall, 5,541 patients had died from COVID-19 and more than 79,000 people had recovered.
Around 80 personnel including staff test COVID-19 positive at SVP National Police Academy in Hyderabad
Russian COVID-19 Vaccine released into public
- The first batch of the Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19, developed by Russia’s Gamaleya National Research Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology and the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) has been released into civil circulation, regional deliveries are planned in the nearest future, the Russian Health Ministry informs.
- “The first batch of the ‘Gam-COVID-Vac’ [Sputnik V] vaccine for the prevention of the new coronavirus infection, developed by the Gamaleya National Research Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology of the Ministry of Health of Russia, has passed the necessary quality tests in the laboratories of Roszdravnadzor [medical device regulator] and has been released into civil circulation,” the ministry said in a statement.
- The Russian health ministry registered the first vaccine against COVID-19, named Sputnik V, on August 11.
- Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin expressed hope on Sunday that the majority of the Russian capital’s residents would be vaccinated against the coronavirus within several months.
- According to the health ministry, the delivery of the first batches of the Russian vaccine to the country’s regions is planned in the nearest future.
Striking trainee doctors return to work as S.Korea battles second virus wave
A request to bring back workers
We've requested Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik to further urge the Central govt to run special trains from Odisha to brin… https://t.co/YQMeBFiu7z
— ANI (@ANI) 1599520004000
We got permission from Bharat Biotech to start phase-2 human clinical trial of their vaccine. We’ve 300 volunteers, aged b/w 12 yrs & 65 yrs, out of which screening of 15 has been completed. We hope to get vaccine dosages by tomorrow morning
– Dr OP Kalra, VC, PGI Rohtak